Apply now for the Next Einstein Forum Ambassadors Programme 2017. The Next Einstein Forum (NEF) is working to build a targeted team of 54 young Ambassadors, one from each African country. NEF Ambassadors are the NEF’s young science and technology champions. NEF Ambassadors, who are all under 42 years, drive the NEF’s local public engagement activities while growing their own careers through the NEF’s partnerships that offer opportunities for mentorship and collaborations with established researchers.
Launched in 2013, the Next Einstein Forum (NEF) is an initiative of the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) in partnership with Robert Bosch Stiftung. The NEF is a platform that connects science, society and policy in Africa and the rest of the world – with the goal to leverage science for human development globally. The NEF believes that Africa’s contributions to the global scientific community are critical for global progress. At the centre of NEF efforts are Africa’s young people, the driving force for Africa’s scientific renaissance.
- In particular, the NEF Ambassadors attend the biennial NEF Global Gatherings. The next NEF Global Gathering will be held from March 26-28, 2018 in Kigali, Rwanda;
- Leading NEF Africa Science Week, with the support of NEF staff and resources;
- Ambassadors will receive significant exposure to the NEF readership community;
- Have the opportunity to network with other experts and NEF Ambassadors and NEF Fellows, as well as top scientists, social scientists and technology leaders from around the world;
- Have the opportunity to influence science, social science and technology policy through NEF articles and documents and share their own work;
- Get the chance to pitch their own projects and ideas to high profile NEF members and contribute to the establishment of a positive global view of science in Africa.
- Applicants should be 42 years of age or less as of December 31, 2017 (Born after 1 January 1975);
- Resident/citizen of an African country with a history of leadership and engagement in the residing community;
- Advanced studies or professional certificates, personal projects, demonstrated entrepreneurial achievements and similar – a PhD is not required;
- Applicants are encouraged from all fields of science, including basic sciences, STEM, health and social science fields;
- Outstanding writing and keen critical thinking capabilities, and be comfortable working in a collaborative environment;
- Demonstrated passion for raising Africa’s profile in science and/or social science;
- Having an active profile in the community of work/study and/or online including social media;
- Able to clearly communicate to an audience in English or French.
Download NEF Ambassador Application Form in English or French.