IDEX is thrilled to announce the opening of applications for the January 2018 Global Fellows Program! IDEX is a six-month fellowship experience designed for aspiring social intrapreneurs who want to take control of their career path while helping to address society’s most pressing problems. This is a high intensity, hands-on, immersive fellowship experience to help you begin the impact career you’ve always wanted. The fellowship is centered around 1:1 coaching, monthly mentoring workshops, curated readings, professional development challenges and relationship building with like-minded professionals that will last a lifetime.
The IDEX Fellowship begins with three weeks of virtual training delivered by IDEX staff and alumni. This orientation consists of virtual seminars, readings, and strategic deliverables to personally and professionally prepare you for your six month field experience. Every year IDEX Accelerator runs two fellowship cycles, the first intake is in January and the second intake is in July.
- Fellows will receive a monthly living stipend (approximately INR 8500) towards cost of their living expenses. IDEX estimates that fellows living expenses, while in India, will average $250- $350 USD per month based on the city placement;
- Host Enterprise provides shared housing accommodations for fellows (at no cost to the fellow) during the fellowship period. Fellows will be responsible for paying monthly utility costs;
- IDEX provides partial scholarships for select fellows seeking to participate in the IDEX Accelerator program. Funding is merit-based and awarded to the most promising candidates who demonstrate a commitment and passion to continue working in the social enterprise sector post fellowship.
Candidates must possess the minimum qualifications to be eligible for the IDEX Fellowship:
- Have a Bachelor, Masters or Graduate Degree (in any field) prior to start of program;
- Ability to perform in a high pressure environment;
- Be proficient in English (both written and spoken);
- Can obtain an India Business visa for a minimum of six months;
- Have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of professional work experience;
- Have excellent listening and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Complete the application form.
- Applications for the January 2018 Fellowship Program that will take place in Bangalore, India will accept applications starting July 25. Application Deadline September 30, 2017.
- Aug 1 – October 5, 2017: Shortlisted candidates will participate in a phone/skype video interview.
- Aug 5 – October 10, 2017: Selected candidates will be extended invitations to join the Jan ’18 Fellowship program. Select applicants will also receive scholarship notifications during this time phase.