Deadline: September 30, 2017
Applications are open for the 1st Global Challenges Local Solutions European Grant Competition. Organised by the Academy for the Development of Philanthropy in Poland (ADPP) within the Global Challenges Local Solutions Program, the competition was established in order to support grass-root initiatives, run by community foundations and local philanthropic organizations together with local communities, aimed at solving global challenges at the local level.
The Fund is a long-term grantmaking program, which supports community foundations and local philanthropic throughout Europe to address global challenges on the local level. In addition, the Fund will:
- Promote the idea of local philanthropy.
- Create the database of good practices aimed at implementing local solutions to global challenges.
- Empower and inspire local communities to be actively engaged in different activities aimed at making the European communities inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
The Fund provides small grants to community foundations and local philanthropic organizations throughout Europe for the purpose of identifying and implementing local solutions to the above global challenges. When fully developed, the Fund will have a grantmaking budget of 500,000 USD and will offer annually 20-30 grants of 15,000 USD on average.
Total amount of 150,000 USD will be awarded within the 1st grant round.
- Applications to the Competition may be submitted by community foundations and local philanthropic organizations, registered and operating in Europe. Only foundations and associations are eligible to apply for the grant.
- Projects submitted to the Competition should be aimed at solving global challenges at the local level by combining forces of community foundations/ local philanthropic organizations and local communities.
- Submitted projects should refer to at least one of the SDGs2
- Grants may be awarded both for new projects and for improving existing projects.
- The project shall determine activities that are going to be implemented in the period not longer than six months (from November 1, 2017 till April 30, 2018). The grant will be paid in one installment.
- Applicants can apply for the grant up to 15,000 USD.
- One applicant is entitled to submit only one project within the present grant round. If it receives the grant in the present round, it can apply for another one no sooner than after its final narrative and financial report is accepted by the ADPP.
- It is required to raise additional financial input: 50% of the awarded grant.
During the assessment the Grant Committee will take into consideration the following criteria:
- Adequacy of the planned activities to the local community’s needs defined in the project, • Feasibility of the project and effectiveness,
- Rationality of the planned activities;
- Scale of engaging local community members into the project;
- Durability, as a chance to continue the project;
- Replicability of the proposed solution and the possibility of its implementation by the other local organizations.
- Application Form – draft: GCLS_Grant_Form
- Check the list of countries eligible for funding – GCLS_List of countries
For more information, visit GCLS European Grant Competition.