Deadline: November 1, 2017
Are you the top of your class? Does your lecturer agree?
CNN London Internship Programme is open. CNN is looking for its next bright internship stars. As one of the world’s news leaders, they are interested in creative and energetic people with diverse perspectives and talents. They offer internships at their central London Bureau, where they help to bring the news to more than 250 million homes around the world. They are looking for CNN’s future: people with fresh ideas, innovative viewpoints, a willingness to work hard, and a commitment to the highest standards of journalism.
At their central London bureau they offer 8 internships spanning from news-gathering to special feature programmes, digital and sports. Interns play an important role in the daily operations of CNN. In fact, many of the current journalists within the London bureau started out as interns.
- New Internship: Primary responsibilities include research, fact-checking, transcribing footage, assisting on shoots, contributing story and show ideas, attending planning and creative meetings and sourcing images and footage.Candidates should be detail-orientated, have strong writing and research skills, the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and have the confidence to pitch story ideas and potential guests to show producers.
- Digital Internship: Responsibilities include research, producing content in the CMS and assisting the team on the homepage and other platforms. There may be opportunities to write.The successful candidate will have a strong and broad knowledge of international affairs, understand digital journalism (including SEO and social), have a meticulous eye for detail and be able to work under pressure.These internships are well suited to someone who has recently graduated with a masters in digital journalism and who wants to pursue a career in digital journalism.
- The internships are designed for recent broadcast journalism graduates or graduates from a related field seeking a career in journalism.
- You must be a British/EU citizen or have the right to work in the UK long term prior to applying for their intern programme. They are unable to accept people with short term work/study visas.
- Language skills are not essential but would be an advantage.
- Good English and grammar skills are a must.
1st January – 30th April (applications must be received by 1st November)
1st May – 31st August (applications must be received by 1st March)
1st September – 31st December (applications must be received by 1st July)
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications they receive, they are unable to reply to each person individually. They will contact you should you have specific questions regarding the internship.
For more information and to apply, visit CNN London Internship.