Application Deadline: March 15, 2018
The University of Geneva Excellence Master Fellowships 2018 is open for applications. The Faculty of Science of the University of Geneva, in collaboration with several sponsors, has established an Excellence Fellowship Program to support outstanding and highly motivated candidates who intend to pursue a Master of Science in any of the disciplines covered by the Faculty.
The Faculty of science of the University of Geneva is an internationally top-ranked scientific institution covering a broad range of scientific disciplines: Astronomy, Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Earth Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Pharmaceutical Sciences and Physics. It has a strong focus on research and hosts three National Centres of Competence in Research of the highly competitive Swiss National Science Foundation and many European collaborative research projects. The Masters of the Faculty of Science constitute an ideal entry for high-level professional and academic careers.
The Excellence Fellowship consists of a grant amounting to CHF 10’000 to CHF 15’000/year (no teaching duties); it is awarded for one year and extended for the regular duration of the chosen Master’s programme (three or four semesters) provided the applicant is academically successful at the end of his/her first semester of studies.
- Application for an Excellence Fellowship is open to students from any university with very good performance in their studies (belonging to the best 10% of their bachelor’s program) and
- Applicants should have completed the Bachelor degree or expect to complete it within 6 months.
- Selection of the applicants will be based on excellence.
- Evaluation will be made on the basis of the documentation sent by the applicants.
- French proficiency is not a formal requirement for the Masters of the Faculty of science.
- Students who have already started a Master programme at the Faculty of Science can no longer apply for the Excellence Master Fellowship
The application (in English or French) consists of:
- A Curriculum Vitae including the transcript of exams passed during the bachelor education, with grades.
- A two-page essay in which the applicant describes his/her specific scientific interests, specifies the Master’s program at the Faculty of Science he/her would like to pursue, and motivates the intention to pursue a Master of Science programme at the University of Geneva.
- If possible: Letters of references from two professors (preferably sent by them directly to the e-mail address indicated below). They should specifically attest if the candidate fulfills the conditions of the Excellence Fellowship Program (see above).
- Any other pertinent information like results of GRE (General requirement examination), of TOEFL or other language test.
For the application to be considered, each student has to fulfill the enrollment procedure as described on the Admissions Office website. Next application deadline is 15 March 2018 for Masters degree programs starting on the September 17, 2018.
Applications should be sent as an UNIQUE pdf file by e-mail to the Dean of the Faculty of Science: Excellence-Master-Sciences@unige.ch
Visit Excellence Master Fellowships. for more details.